Here is another simple and good recipe that requires very few ingredients. It does require a little bit of time to put it together but is well worth the effort. The bacon adds a good flavor, and the onion and potatoes turn out tender and delicious.
The next time you’re in the mood for chicken, give these Simple Chicken Thighs and Roasted Red Potatoes Recipe a try; it’s really good.
Simple Chicken Thighs and Roasted Red Potatoes Recipe
- 1/4 cup Ranch Dressing
- 4 – 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- 4 slices bacon
- 1–1/2 pounds red potatoes (cut into 1-inch chunks)
- 1 medium onion (sliced into 1/2-inch chunks)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Triple Cheddar Cheese
- Place chicken in a disposable food grade plastic bag. Pour the ranch dressing over the chicken and work the plastic bag with your hands to coat the chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large skillet cook the bacon until crispy. Reserve one tablespoon of the bacon fat in the skillet and place the bacon on a plate with paper toweling to drain.
- Using the same skillet cook the potatoes and onion over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Crumble and fold the bacon into the potato mixture.
- Spray a 13 x 9 casserole dish lightly with cooking spray and spoon the patio mixture over the bottom of the dish; salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the chicken thighs on top of the potatoes and discard the leftover marinade.
- Roast in the oven 45 min to 1 hour to an internal temperature of 175F. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top and let rest until cheese is melted. Serve hot.