If you’re in the mood to fire up the grill and are looking for a simple recipe these Pineapple Chicken Tenders are really good. The recipe doesn’t require many ingredients and is quick to put together. This is a mildly seasoned recipe so feel free to add to it as you see fit – I prepared the recipe as written.
Simple Grilled Pineapple Chicken Tenders Recipe
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 2 pounds chicken breast tenderloins or strips (chicken tenders save some time, but it is a lot cheaper to make your own chicken strips out of boneless skinless chicken breasts)
- If using wood soak skewers soap them in water for at least 30 minutes, the longer the better.
- in a small sauce pan mix together the pineapple juice, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Cook mixture over medium heat just short of a boil; remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool enough to handle. Place chicken tenders in a 1-gallon food, grade disposable bag, and pour the sauce mixture over the chicken in the bag. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat and prepare grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil cooking grates.
- Thread the chicken lengthwise through the sewers and grill for 5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
Adapted from All Recipes