This is another simple and good one dish meal. This recipe uses frozen vegetables as one of the main ingredients which really shortens up the prep time. The meatballs just consist of meat so they are also quick to put together.
I thought this recipe was kind of unique because of the meatballs and dumplings which you don’t often see in a stew recipe. This is a mildly seasoned recipe so you could season it up a little more to taste if you wish to do so.
I thought the recipe was really good just as it is written.
The next time you’re looking for a simple and quick one-dish meal give this Skillet Stew Recipe a try. Enjoy
Simple Skillet Stew Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2/3 cup biscuit mix
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/4 frozen cup mixed vegetables (I used soup vegetables because I like the mixture a little better)
- 1 1/4 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Divide the ground beef and roll into about 16 meatballs and then in a large skillet using the cooking oil brown the meatballs on all sides. (drain if needed)
- While the meatballs are cooking in a medium size bowl mix together the biscuit mix and milk until thoroughly combined; set aside.
- Spread the browned meatballs out to the edge of the ban and put the mixed vegetables in the center. Add the soup, and the water; cover and cook over medium-high heat for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the peas and carrots over the mixture and season with the salts. Divide the biscuit dough, using a large spoon, into 6 dumplings arranging them on top of the stew mixture. Cover and cook at a high simmer until meatballs and dumplings are done. (15 – 20 minutes)
- Serve hot.