This is a basic recipe for taco pie that requires just a few ingredients. I prepared this recipe as written with the intent of seeing how good it would turn out in its simplest form. With school starting in many parts
of the country, in less than a month I thought this would be a great after school supper dish.
I thought the taco pie was really good but there is a lot of room for additional ingredients like jalapeno peppers, green peppers, chopped green chilies, olives and may even re-fried beans.
If you looking for a simple and quick after school supper recipe, give this simple Taco Pie Recipe a try.
Simple Taco Pie Recipe
- 1 (8 ounces) package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounces) container sour cream
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican-style cheese blend
- 1 (12-13 ounce) bag tortilla chips (crushed)
- Preheat oven according to directions on the package for the crescent rolls. 375F
- Spray a 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray and roll the crescent roll dough out on the bottom to form a bottom crust and bake according to package. The crust should be golden brown.
- While the crust is baking in a large skillet over medium-high heat chop up and cook the burger and onion, until onion is soft, and a burger is no longer pink inside; drain if needed. Mix in the taco seasoning until well combined.
- Spread the meat mixture over the bottom of the crescent crust, and then layer the sour cream over the top followed by the Mexican-style cheese blend. Top with the crushed tortilla chips.
- Bake at 375F. Until heated through and cheese is melted – Serve hot.
Adapted from Allrecipes.com