This Slow-Cooker Santa Fe Country Ribs is a great dish to serve over rice and because it is prepared in the slow cooker the pork ribs are super tender. If you like Mexican cuisine give this ribs recipe a try. This is a simple recipe that requires almost no prep time and takes care of it self once the slow cooker is turned on; Enjoy
- 2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs ( I used bone – in because that is what I had on hand)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup thick and chunky salsa
- ¾ cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- rice (optional)
- Lightly spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Mix all ingredients together in the slow cooker except for the ribs.
- Work ribs into the salsa mixture in the slow cooker, cover, and cook for 8 – 9 hours on low or 4 – 5 hours on high or until ribs are tender. Remove ribs from slow cooker, spoon off any excess fat, and serve sauce over over the ribs and rice.
Adapted from BettyCrocker.com