It doesn’t get much simpler than this Basic Buttermilk Drop Biscuits Recipe. This recipe is very quick to put together, and doesn’t require many ingredients, so you can have delicious hot biscuits on the table in less than an hour. The biscuits are brushed with melted butter at the end of the baking cycle, so you could easily add some garlic, or other spices into the melted butter used for the topping to spice the biscuits up a little if you wanted to. These Buttermilk Drop Biscuits have a good texture and are a delicious addition to almost any meal.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/ 4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold buttermilk
- 8 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons of butter melted (for brushing the top of the biscuits)
- Preheat oven to 475F.
- Whisk all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Pour the buttermilk into a medium size bowl and then mix in 8 tablespoons of the melted butter – I used a 2 cup measuring cup for this.
- Gently mix the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients to form the dough. Mix just until moistened – dough will be sticky.
- use a 1/ 4 cup measuring cup lightly sprayed with cooking spray to measure the dough onto a lightly sprayed cookie sheet, spaced about 2 inches apart
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with the remaining 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Serve warm.
adapted from cooks country magazine