This Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe takes quite a bit of time to put it together. There’s nothing hard about the recipe, but to connect it all together does take some work. I was kind of pinched for time again, but if figured if I cooked the chicken before I left the house it could be cooling well I did what I had to do in town. Things still got a little out of hand and I had supper on the table a little later than I planned.
The flavors in this recipe blend really well. If you don’t like using alcohol in your recipes, I think if you increased the chicken broth by 1/4 cup that would work in place of the Sherry. I prepared the recipe as written and if I make this recipe again I would change very little. It was excellent.
If you’ve never made Chicken Tetrazzini before give this recipe a try it’s excellent. Enjoy
4 large bone in chicken breasts
1 medium onion (chopped)
2 whole cloves
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper (divided)
2 cups water
1 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup Dry Sherry
8 ounces fresh mushrooms (sliced)
1/2 cup chicken broth (from cooked chicken)
1/2 pound spaghetti
1/ 2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon butter
1. Cook chicken in the water with the onion, cloves, salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper for 30-40 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside to cool reserving the broth.
2. Bone chicken and cut into one inch pieces.
3. Cook spaghetti according to package directions, drain and set aside.
4. Slice mushrooms and cook in the chicken broth with the onion for 10 minutes.
5. In a sauce pan mix together the soup, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, Sherry and 1/ 8 teaspoon pepper. Cook over low heat until cheese melts.
6. Mix together half the cheese sauce with the spaghetti and mushroom mixture and arrange it around the edges of a shallow 3 quart casserole dish. Mix the rest of the chicken with the remaining cheese sauce and place it in the center of the casserole.
7. Top with the Parmesan cheese and bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
Serve hot-serves 4-6