1 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups coconut
1 1/2 cups chopped maraschino cherries
1. Cream shortening and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until well blended.
2. Add eggs and almond extract, beating on medium speed until light and fluffy; about 2 minutes.
3. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture gradually, beating on low speed just until blended. Fold in chips, coconut and cherries.
4. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
5. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.