Fall can be a lot of fun, especially if you have a young family; Ghost and goblins will be all over in a couple of days as the youngsters head out tricker treating. Halloween, pumpkins and sweet treats all just seem to go well together as we approach the Holiday season. This Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Bread Recipe is delicious, your Family or your guests for a Halloween party will love it. If you want to try something different outside of the regular pumpkin bread this is it.
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
4 egg whites, divided
1/2 cup fat-free milk
1/4 cup canola oil
2 cups flour
2-1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. salt
1 package 8 oz. low fat cream cheese
1. MIX pumpkin, 1 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, 3 egg whites, milk and oil in large bowl.
2. Add flour, baking powder, spice and salt; stir just until moistened.
3. Beat cream cheese, remaining granulated sugar and remaining egg white with whisk until well blended. (I used the electric mixer for this)
4. Spoon half of pumpkin batter into greased 9×5-inch nonstick loaf pan.
5. Then add the cream cheese; then the rest of the batter on top of that.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 350F for 60 to 70 minutes and until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Loosen bread from sides of pan; cool in pan 10 min. Remove bread from pan to wire rack; cool completely.