Winter is really hanging on here in upper Michigan. We still have 2 feet of snow on the ground and its past the middle of April with a forecast of rain mixed with snow for today! However us “Yooper’s” are unstoppable; time to fire up the grill again.
If you like the flavor of garlic, this Grilled Steakhouse Burger is one of the best burgers you will ever prepare on the grill. The garlic aioli that is added as one of the condiments and is a delicious combination enhancing the flavor of the burger and onion rings, with bacon giving the burger that special touch, like bacon always does.
This is a simple recipe but give yourself a little bit of time-because it does take some time to put it all together. The next time you fire up the grill give this Grilled Steakhouse Burger recipe a try; it’s delicious. Enjoy
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 8 slices apple wood smoked bacon (cooked until crispy)
- 8 frozen onion rings
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1- 8 ounce package of fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic Aioli-
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cook the bacon on the stove top, or in the oven until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- While the bacon is cooking prepare the Garlic Aioli by mixing all the Aioli ingredients together in a small bowl. Cover and set aside in the refrigerator.
- In a small skillet melt the butter in the olive oil, and add the sliced mushrooms. Cook on medium heat for about 4 minutes, and then add the Worcestershire sauce, then season with salt and pepper. Sautee on low heat for about 20 minutes; until mushrooms are well flavored, and tender.
- While mushrooms are sauteing heat the deep fryer to 375F. Deep fry the onion rings until golden brown. Set aside.
- Lightly grease the grill grates and preheat the grill to medium high heat. Divide the ground sirloin into 4 equal portions to form patties. Season the patties on both sides with Montreal steak seasoning. Grill turning once to your desired doneness. (while hamburgers are grilling toast the buns on the grill cut side down) when the burgers are almost done top each one with a slice of Swiss cheese, close the grill and continue cooking until cheese has melted.
- Putting the burgers together.
- Place each hamburger patty onto the top of the bottom half of each bun. Top with bacon, mushrooms, and about a tablespoon of Garlic Aioli, then the onion rings. Place the top half of the bun onto the burger.