Spaghetti and Meatballs always go good together. I have wanted to make Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs and it was just one of those nights we were all in the mood for spaghetti. Although I thought this might be kind of hard to do; it was very simple. The whole Family loved it and I have a feeling we will be preparing it again in the near future. The next time you are in the mood for spaghetti and meatballs give this simple Mozzarella Stuffed Meatball Recipe a try; you are guaranteed to love it. Enjoy
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 pound lean ground beef
1 large egg
½ cup finely chopped white onion
½ cup Panko Bread crumbs
½ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup milk
2 Tablespoons minced garlic
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
1 teaspoon hot sauce
½ Teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic salt
10 (1 inch Mozzarella Balls)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dis and spray with non stick cooking spray.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients except the Mozzarella cheese. Mix until thoroughly combined.
4. Us ¼ cup beef mixture and make into a meatball, then press into the center with your thumb to make a hole to insert the cheese ball. Place the cheese in the center; then with your hands enclose the cheese in the meatball making sure the cheese is completely covered.
5. Place the meatballs into the prepared baking dish and bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until done.
5. Serve over your favorite past
PS-would also make a great meatball sub