We have a ways to go from here to get to a Asian Buffet. So a few years ago we started preparing our own Asian Dishes. This Mushroom Chicken Recipe is just delicious. The fresh Zucchini blend with the other flavors in the recipe is scrumptious.
This is a simple recipe with not a whole lot of prep time. The recipe below is the regular recipe. I doubled it. So just adjust it to the number you are cooking for. I served this with white rice. So if you’re in the mood for Asian food give this a try you’ll love it. Enjoy
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- cornstarch (for dusting)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 package fresh button mushrooms
- 4 small zucchini
- Cut chicken breasts and zucchini into 1” chunks. Inserting cornstarch in a paper bag dust chicken with the cornstarch until lightly coated.
- Add vegetable and sesame oil to the wok and fry chicken pieces until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Add zucchini and mushrooms to the wok and stir fry for a few minutes. Add soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, minced fresh garlic, and ground ginger to the wok stirring to coat and stir fry until mushrooms and zucchini are fully cooked.
- Return chicken pieces to the wok and coat with sauce, heat thoroughly and serve over rice or noodles.