I had a busy day planed and had to figure up a way to free up some time. My favorite way to do this is to use the slow cooker. By the dime dinner time comes a round there is a hot meal ready to go on the table. This Slow Cooker Turkey Legs Recipe, is a simple recipe, and doesn’t require a lot of prep time and because it’s a one dish meal when it’s done it is ready for the table. The cooking time is listed for 7-8 hours, but if you don’t have that time frame to work with cook the recipe on high and it should take about half the time.
The next time you need to free up some time, or are just in the mood to use your slow cooker, give this one dish Slow Cooker Turkey Legs Recipe a try. Enjoy
- 4 turkey legs
- 3 medium red potatoes (quartered or cut into chunks)
- ½ pound baby carrots (whole)
- 2 medium onions (sliced lengthwise)
- 1 can condensed tomato soup (undiluted)
- ⅓ cup water
- 4 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Layer the onions, potatoes and carrots on the bottom of the slow cooker. In a small bowl mix together the water, tomato soup, garlic, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning; pour the mixture over the vegetables and then arrange the turkey legs on top.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or until vegetables are tender and turkey is done.