This recipe is kind of a different take on Beef Stroganoff. The ingredients reminded me more of a stir fry type recipe than anything else. The pleasant surprise was that it is really good. This Oven Beef Stroganoff Recipe doesn’t require many ingredients and is very simple to prepare. The cooking time in the recipe calls for 40 minutes in the oven but it could take a little longer depending on the cut of beef that you use.
Take a break from the ordinary Beef Stroganoff and give this one a try. Enjoy
- 2 pounds lean beef steaks (cut into 1/ 2 inch strips)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup butter or margarine (1 stick)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms (quartered)
- 2 cups beef stock
- 6 ounces V8 or tomato juice (I used V8)
- ⅓ cup Sherry
- ¼ cup sour cream (optional)
- Rice or egg noodles
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prep the mushrooms and onion and set aside.
- in a shallow dish whisk together the flour, salt, and pepper.
- Dredge the meat in the flour mixture. Melt the butter in a large skillet and brown the beef on all sides. Remove the meat to a 2.75 casserole dish, arrange the mushrooms over the top of the meat, and set aside. Using the same skillet cook the onion until translucent, and then stir in the V8 juice, Sherry, and beef stock. Bring the mixture to a boil stirring any drippings off the bottom of the skillet, and then pour the mixture over the top of the mushrooms and meat.
- cook uncovered in the oven for 40 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve over rice, or noodles, topped with sour cream.