Done with a cast iron skillet. I grew up with this. This cake is my favorite and my mother cooked it year after year for me on my birthday. The brown sugar and butter flavors with the pineapple is just excellent. This Pineapple upside down cake is simple and quick to prepare. Top it with whip cream and what a treat!
7. 3/4 cup milk
8. 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
9. 1/2 teaspoon salt
10. 1 large egg
11. maraschino cherry
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Melt butter in iron skillet.
3. Sprinkle brown sugar over butter.
4. Arrange pineapple slices on top brown sugar/butter.
5. Place cherries in center of slices.
6. Beat remaining ingredients till well blended.
7. Pour over pineapple in skillet and bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
8. Remove from oven and turn onto heat-proof plate.
Do not let the cake cool in the cast iron skillet-it probably will stick.