I saw this Pumpkin Ginger Cupcakes Recipe and they looked so good I decided to jump the season a little bit and give these cupcakes a try. The pumpkin and ginger is a great combination of flavors and combined with the rest of the ingredients produces a moist and delicious cupcake. This is a simple recipe, but does require a little bit of prep time mixing all the ingredients together. I followed the recipe as written. You can expect the cupcake batter to be kind of thick and you will have to spoon it into the cupcake cups. This is a good size recipe; it will make 24 cupcakes.
Give this Pumpkin Ginger Cupcakes Recipe a try, and top it with your favorite cream cheese frosting; you’ll love it. This one is going on my favorites list.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 24 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
2. In a bowl whisk together the flour, pudding mix, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, allspice, cloves
, and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl beat the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar with a mixer, until light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next. Mix in the vanilla and pumpkin puree with the last egg.
5. Stir in the flour mixture; mixing until just incorporated. Pour or spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
Bake in the preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed or tooth pick comes out clean- about 20 minutes.
Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Top with your favorite frosting. (These cupcakes are very good even without the frosting)