For the most part it seems like all of the Country has been in a major heat wave for most of the summer. The only think I can think good about that is; it has been a great summer so far for cooking out. I love mushrooms with almost any type of steak or burger. Here is a simple Saute Mushroom Recipe you can prepare either on or off the grill. The picture is from one of our cook-outs. For this recipe I used baby ports, but I am sure any good quality mushroom would work fine in this recipe.
- 1 lb button mushrooms or baby portabellas
- tablespoon olive oil
- tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano
- In a skillet melt the butter in the oil over medium heat.
- Stir in the vinegar, oregano and garlic.
- Saute for 20 to 30 minutes or until tender.