I was asked to cook for a get together at he Church. Cold salads always seem to go good for pot lucks or a large get together. This Bow Tie Seafood Pasta Salad Recipe has good color due to the imitation crab meat; so it presents itself very well. The blend of flavors is delicious with the crab and shrimp meat added in. This is a large recipe, so if you are making to feed your family at home, you may want to cut it back a bit. I cooked the full recipe, and it was wiped out. Enjoy
|Bow Tie Seafood Pasta Salad Recipe|
Recipe Type: Main
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 55 mins
- 3 lbs uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 1/2 lbs imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 lb frozen cooked baby shrimp, thawed
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl and add the crab, shrimp, celery, onions and green pepper.
- In another bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, pickle relish, mustard, salt, dill and pepper.
- Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.