My black berries finally started to ripen so I decided to prepare this Simple black Berry Pie Recipe. It has been a great berry season here for me in upper Michigan I have been able to put a lot in the freezer and replenish my supply of homemade wine. I was surprised at my-self when I checked the recipe list on my blog and it didn’t have a blackberry pie recipe in it, so here it is.
If you have some blackberries on hand give this Simple black Berry Pie Recipe a try; it’s delicious. Enjoy
- Your favorite pie crust recipe for a double 9 inch crust
- 4 cups fresh or frozen black berries
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup instant Tapioca
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of butter (cold)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place the berries into a large bowl and gently mix in the sugar, tapioca, and lemon juice. Set aside and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with the pie crust and pour in the fruit mixture. Shave and arrange the butter over the top, and then cover with the other crust; sealing the edges.
- Cut several slits in the top crust to vent, and bake 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Cool and serve
- (Tip-cover the edges with aluminum foil to keep the edges from overbrowning)