2 (8 g) packages fast rising yeast
1 cup lukewarm water
3 tablespoons sugar
1 egg, well beaten
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups flour (use More if too sticky)
cooking oil (for frying)
1. Mix yeast, water and sugar.
2. Wait until bubbles form in mixture.
3. Add egg, butter, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and flour.
4. Mix to form dough.
5. Knead dough for 1 minute.
6. Roll out and cut out donuts.
7. Allow to rise for 30 minutes on floured surface.
8. Fry in oil until golden brown. Oil should be approximately 350°F.
9. Coat in cinnamon & sugar mixture or your favorite topping.
10. These freeze very well after they have fully cooled, if there are any left.