1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup cracker, crumbs
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 1/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion, sliced, into, rings
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup cream
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 dash Worcestershire sauce
1 dash hot sauce
1. Combine ground beef, chopped onions, cracker crumbs, egg, horseradish, salt and pepper. Shape into patties.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons butter in skillet.
3. Cook patties till no longer pink inside.
4. In separate pan, melt 3 tablespoons butter. Sauté onion rings and mushrooms till tender.
5. Remove patties from pan.
6. Stir flour into pan, scraping bottom of pan. Add dash of salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes. Stir in cream to form a thick paste.
Slowly stir in chicken broth – stir till thick.
7. Add a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Stir till mixed well.
8. Simmer 5 minutes Add mushrooms, onions and patties.
9. Heat 10 minutes.