I had one rabbit left in the freezer from this past season and I’ve been saving it for this recipe. Because the rabbit is cooked in the slow cooker it is so tender it melts in your mouth. The homemade Ragu sauce if a perfect blend of flavors to go with the mild taste of the rabbit. Serve it over the top of spaghetti or your favorite pasta.
If you have rabbit meat available, give this one a try – it’s delicious.
- 1 rabbit (cut into pieces)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 ounce)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (15 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1½ teaspoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- ¼ cup red wine
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound of spaghetti (cooked according to package directions)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a slow cooker except for the spaghetti, placing the rabbit on top.
- Slow cook for 7 – 8 hours on low, or 4 - 5 hours on high or until rabbit is fall off the bone tender.
- Serve over spaghetti or your favorite pasta