If you are looking for a simple one-dish recipe give this Bacon Cheddar Chicken Thighs and Potatoes recipe a try.
The chicken turns out nice and moist and the salad dressing and bacon used in the recipe gives it a good flavor.
Bacon Cheddar Chicken Thighs With Potatoes
- 6 large bone-in chicken thighs (skin removed and excess fat trimmed off – I used 4 because of the number I was feeding)
- ¼ cup Classic Ranch dressing
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 ½ pound red potatoes (about 5 cuts into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 medium onion (cut into ½ inch chunks)
- 1 cup shredded Triple Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place chicken in a large shallow dish and pour the dressing over the top. Roll the chicken in the dressing to thoroughly coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet while the chicken is marinating cook bacon until crispy; set aside on paper toweling to drain. Reserve one tablespoon of the bacon fat in the skillet.
- In the now empty skillet with the bacon fat cook the onion and potato over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. ( I cooked the mixture long enough for the potatoes to start to brown)
- Crumble the bacon and gently mix it into the potato mixture. Spoon potato mixture into a lightly sprayed 13×9 casserole dish, remove the chicken from the marinade and arrange the thighs on top of the potato mixture. Bake for 55 min to an hour, or until chicken is done.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and let rest until cheese is melted – serve hot. (I placed the casserole back in the oven for a couple of minutes for the cheese to melt)
Adapted from Kraft Recipes