I was running short and time and I needed something quick and easy for supper, this Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Recipe seemed like it would fit in pretty well. This is a very simple recipe with almost no prep time, and there is a good chance you may have all the ingredients on hand.
The end result is an excellent tasting chicken that is moist and tender on the inside. If you need something quick, you’ll love this one; give this Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Recipe a try the next time you need something quick for supper; your family will love it.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 cup dry bread crumbs
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350F
1. Using cooking spray coat a 9 x 13 backing dish.
2. In a bowl combine the olive oil and garlic.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, and pepper.
4. Dip each chicken breast in the oil mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish, and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
5. Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear (Internal temperature of 165F).
6. Remove the chicken from the oven and sprinkle with the shredded Mozzarella cheese. Return to the oven and cook till the cheese is melted. (This will take just a few minutes)
Serve hot with potatoes, rice or buttered noodles