Wow! These muffins are so good. The combination of bananas, roasted pecans, and brown sugar is delicious. This recipe was originally created as a make a-head batter recipe. Place the batter in the muffin tins, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze them. Remove the muffin batter from the muffin cups and place them in zip lock bags in the freezer until ready to bake. Baking time does change a little bit because you are baking them from frozen; bake for an additional 5 minutes added to the original recipe. I did not try freezing them but this is a large recipe – so you could bake half of them fresh, and freeze half. The combination of bananas, roasted pecans, and brown sugar is delicious. Give this one a try and enjoy.
Banana Pecan Muffins Recipe
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
- 1½ cups plain yogurt
- 1½ cups bananas (thinly diced)
- ¾ cup pecans (toasted and coarsely chopped)
- This recipe will make 12 jumbo muffins – or 24 regulars.
- Lightly spray muffin tins with cooking spray, or use liners. Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium-size bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer beat the butter, and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until well combined.
- Using the electric mixer on the low-speed mix in half the flour, followed by ½ cup yogurt. Mix in the rest of the flour and add the remaining yogurt ½ cups at a time; using a large spoon mix in the diced bananas and pecans.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cups. Bake jumbos for 25 to 30 minutes until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean – bake regular size for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve hot with butter on top.