This is a simple recipe to put together and there is a good chance you have all the ingredients on hand already. It takes about 10 minutes to mix it all together, about 30 minutes of baking, so the cake is out of the oven and cooling in less than an hour.
If you like carrot cake give this Basic Carrot Cake Recipe a try; it’s moist and delicious.
Basic Carrot Cake Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots (packed)
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Your choice of frosting (cream cheese is really good on carrot cake)
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease an 8 x 8 cake dish.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl except for the frosting mix together the other ingredients until well combined. Pour the mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until combined, and thoroughly moistened.
- Spread the cake batter evenly into the cake pan and bake 30 – 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.