I have seen many different versions of stew recipes created in an Instant Pot some a little more complicated than others. I decided to keep it simple. I started with the meat and just piled on the rest of the ingredients. Mixed everything up good, sealed the Instant Pot, and pressed the stew button. Once the instant pot reached pressure the timer automatically set for 35 minutes – for me the end result was perfect, but I like my vegetables real tender. If you prefer your vegetables a little on the firm side you may want to reduce the time to 25-30 minutes.
Basic Instant Pot Stew Recipe
- 1 pound stew meat (cut into one inch cubes-I used round steak in this recipe)
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 2 medium potatoes (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 2 medium onions (cut into wedges)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 celery rib (cut into ½ inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons quick cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients into Instant Pot; mix thoroughly.
- Seal pot and press the stew button.
- When Instant pot is done cooking let rest for 10 minutes and turn the valve to quick release. ( being careful so you don’t burn yourself)