It has been a long time since I have prepared a blackened recipe of some kind. For whatever reason, I seemed in the mood for blackened chicken so I decided on this Blackened Chicken with Beans Recipe. This is a simple recipe that doesn’t require many ingredients and cooks quickly. I have included the beans recipe in this post, but they are optional.
When I first tasted this dish my first thought was, “well it’s ok”, but the more I ate, the better I liked it; so give it a try it’s pretty good.
This blackened chicken could be served with any number of side dishes.
The next time you want to change things up a little bit give this Blackened Chicken with Beans Recipe a try; enjoy
Blackened Chicken with Beans Recipe
- 4–5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can black beans (15 ounces – drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup chunky salsa (Mild or hot depending on taste)
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- In a small bowl whisk together the chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Pat chicken breasts dry with paper toweling and rub the chili spice mixture into both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with the olive oil and cook the chicken breasts until blackened on one side. Flip the breasts and continue to cook to an internal temperature of 165F. (about 5 to 10 minutes on each side depending on thickness)
- Remove the chicken breasts to a serving platter and tent with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- In the same skillet mix together the salsa, beans, and corn. Cook until heated through.
- Serve the black beans and corn together.