It has been awhile since I have posted a Mexican recipe, so when my wife saw this Burrito Pie Recipe and thought it looked really good; I decided to give it a try. It is pretty much like a burrito casserole just with kind of a different name. This is another simple recipe with not a lot of prep time. It is mildly seasoned, so if you like it hot, you might want to add some red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper. I prepared the recipe as is; it was very good. The next time you add Mexican to the menu, give this Burrito Pie Recipe a try. Your family will love it. Enjoy
|Burrito Pie Recipe||
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 (2 ounce) can black olives (sliced)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chili peppers
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chili’s
- 1 (16 ounce) jar taco sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) cans re-fried beans
- 12 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 9 ounces shredded Colby cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the ground beef for 5 minutes. Add the onion and garlic, and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Drain any excess fat.
- Mix in the olives, green chili peppers, tomatoes with green chili peppers, taco sauce and re-fried beans. Stir mixture thoroughly, reduce heat to low, and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Spread a thin layer of the meat mixture in the bottom of a 4 quart casserole dish. Cover with a layer of tortillas followed by more meat mixture, then a layer of cheese. Repeat tortilla, meat, cheese pattern until all the tortillas are used, topping off with a layer of meat mixture and cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven or until cheese is slightly brown and bubbly.