I have been spending a lot of time with the grill lately and decided to do something a little different. This Canadian Bacon Turkey Melt Recipe is delicious and very simple to prepare with not much prep or cooking time. I prepared the recipe as is, and served it with restaurant style fries; the family loved it. The next time you’re in the mood for something a little different or just don’t want to take the time to fire up the grill, give this Canadian Bacon Turkey Melt Recipe a try.
|Canadian Bacon Turkey Melt Recipe||
- 2 medium onions (sliced)
- 4 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 8 slices Monterey jack cheese
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 8 slices cooked turkey
- dill pickle slices
- In a large skillet, sauté onions in 1 tablespoon of butter until tender; remove and set aside.
- Spread barbecue sauce on one side of four slices of bread.
- Layer each with one slice of cheese, 2 slices of Canadian bacon and turkey, pickles, onions, and top of with another slice of cheese.
- Cover with remaining slices of bread.
- In the same skillet over medium-low heat melt remaining butter as needed. I like to pre butter the cooking side of the bread slices with soft spread instead of melting the butter in the pan.
- Cook sandwiches on both sides until golden brown and cheese is melted.