This Cheesy Noodle Casserole Recipe makes a good side dish or a good main dish. This is kind of a small recipe so you may want to double it depending on the number you are serving. One of the things that caught my eye about this recipe is that it called for chopped salami and I thought that sounded quite good, so I put it on the supper menu for last night. This is a simple recipe and mildly seasoned. The salami helps season the dish. You could probably use almost any kind of processed meat like, pepperoni, bologna or hotdogs. Any of these favors I think would blend well with the recipe. If you’re looking for a good side dish, or just want to try something a like different; give this one a try and enjoy.
4 ounces of egg noodles (about 3 cups)
1 medium onion (finely chopped)
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
2 table spoons butter or margarine
1 tablespoon butter (melted)
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (10 1/2 ounces)
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (6 ounces )
1- 8 ounce package of salami (cubed)
3/4 cup soft bread crumbs (1 slice bread-use a blender to make these-works very well)
Preheat oven to 350F.
1. Cook noodle to al dente according to package instructions.
2. In a large skillet or sauce pan using the 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat, cook the green pepper and onion till tender.
3. Mix in the sour cream, soup, and milk- then stir in the cheese, salami and the cooked noodles.
4. Pour into a 2 quart casserole dish.
5. Combine bread crumbs and the melted butter, and then sprinkle them around the edge of the casserole.
Bake 30 to 40 minutes until heated through and the breadcrumbs are browned on top.