I was trying to decide if I should fire up the grill or not. It was really windy and I did not feel like dealing with it. It has been a long time since I have prepared a Chicken Carbonara Recipe so I decided to put this Chicken Carbonara Recipe on the menu for supper. Like usual anytime you combine chicken with bacon the end result is delicious; this recipe is no exception. The original recipe called for mixing in the sauce mixture with raw eggs- this makes me a little nervous, so I decided to bring the sauce and chicken to a boil before adding it to the pasta, which worked out very well. This is a simple recipe but it is time consuming because of having to precook the bacon. However the little added effort is well worth the end result, my wife and family loved it. If you have never had Chicken Carbonara before give this Chicken Carbonara Recipe a try; it’s fabulous.
|Chicken Carbonara Recipe||
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bit size pieces)
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 12 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a small bowl mix together parmesan cheese, eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper.
- In another bowl mix together wine, chicken broth and lemon juice. Set both aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet cook bacon in batches until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Fry chicken pieces in bacon fat until fully cooked. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the wine mixture to the pan and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the bacon bits, peas, and Parmesan/egg mixture. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and mix it into the pasta. (a large bowl works good for this)
- Serve hot and enjoy