If you looking for a simple and good recipe for your Super Bowl get together, give this Chili Cheese Dog Recipe a try. There are just a few ingredients, cooks quickly, and doesn’t take a lot of prep time.
It consists of store-bought pizza crust, hot-dogs, chili, and cheese.
Chili Cheese Dog Recipe
- 1 can chili with beans
- 1 refrigerated pizza crust
- 4 Cheddar cheese sticks (buy a block and cut you own it’s a lot cheaper)
- 4 all-beef hot dogs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Unroll pizza dough and cut into 4 strips crosswise.
- Place a hot dog on each pizza strip, cut cheese strips in half-length wise and place one cheese strip on each side of the hot dog. Roll the hot dog up with the cheese, and pinch the seam to seal.
- Lightly spray an 11 x 7 baking dish with cooking spray. in a small sauce pan heat the chili too hot. (Chili must be hot) pour the chili into the bottom of the baking dish and arrange the hot dogs on top of the chili seam side down. Bake until browned, about 20 minutes. (Don’t rush these because they will be doughy)
- While hot dogs are baking melt the butter and mix the garlic powder, and parsley flakes into the butter.
- Remove the hotdogs from the oven and using a pastry brush coat the top of the buns with the butter sauce; serve hot with the chili.
Adapted from Pillsbury