The cold weather lingers on here in Upper Michigan so I thought it was a good time to warm the kitchen up a little bit with some baking. The sweets that were left over from the Holidays, that were in the freezer, are gone; so I took this opportunity to replenish the supply.
These Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are delicious, and the local market had dark chocolate chips on sale which tempted me a little more. This is a very simple recipe; so simple, I would give it a cannot fail status. You could easily turn this into a Raisin Oatmeal cookie by substituting the raisins for the chocolate chips; a lot healthier I’m sure, or you could use a combination of both. There is very little prep or cooking time involved so you can have cookies on the table in less than a half an hour.
If you’re looking for a good Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Recipe give this one a try. Enjoy
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 3/4 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup quick or old-fashioned oats (I used Quick oats for this recipe)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium size bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, using a mixer, beat together the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Mix in the egg.
- Using a mixer gradually mix in the flour mixture and milk. Fold in the oatmeal and chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto sprayed cookie sheets a rounded tablespoon at a time. (The size is optional just be sure to allow room for the cookies to spread)
- Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown; but cookies are still soft in the center.
- Allow cookies to cool for a couple of minutes on the cookie sheet-then finish cooling on a wire rack.