This Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe is a chocolate lovers dream. Cocoa and chocolate chips go into this recipe to create a rich chocolate flavor, and the zucchini turns into a nice and moist delicious treat.
If you looking for a great end of the summer recipe give this Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe a try; it is delicious.
Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe
- ½ cup butter (melted plus extra for coating baking dish)
- ½ cup cocoa powder (plus extra for dusting baking dish)
- 1¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2/3 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly coat a loaf pan with butter and dust it with cocoa power. (I used a butter flavored cooking spray for this)
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another large bowl whisk the eggs, and mix in the sugar until smooth. Add the melted butter and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Mix in the zucchini and then gradually add in the flour mixture – mixing until just moist and then fold in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out with just a few crumbs left on it.
- Let the bread cool slightly and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Adapted from blogchef.net – check out the cool Facebook video to see this recipe come together.