It always seems like a big issue for me to decide what to prepare for a side dish, so I’m always looking for a simple recipe that won’t take much time. This Creamy Garlic Penne Pasta Recipe caught my eye. The whole family likes pasta dishes, and I needed a recipe that would go good with baked fish. I wanted it to be a hot dish as opposed to a cold pasta salad; just thinking warm, would go better with the baked Tilapia Fish that it was being served with. The whole dinner was a success-the baked fish was good and the Creamy Garlic Penne Pasta was excellent. The next time you need a warm side dish give this one a try. Enjoy
|Creamy Garlic Penne Pasta Recipe|
Recipe Type: Side Dish
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 1 (1 lb) box Penne pasta, cooked as directed, drained and kept hot.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced ( I used 4 cloves for this recipe)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta as directed, drain and kept hot.
- Melt butter and add garlic in a medium sauce pan.
- Cook over medium for 1 minute.
- Add flour and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broth and milk and cook, stirring frequently, until sauce boils and thickens.
- Add parsley, salt, pepper and cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted.