Summer is here and with it comes Father’s Day. Fire up the BBQ and cook these burgers up for dad; he’ll love them. This Barbeque Pork Burger Recipe caught my eye and I had to give it a try. It is delicious. When I saw that barbeque sauce was mixed into the pork burger, I was not sure if I would like it or not, but the combination made for a nice and moist burger, combined with the bacon flavor this burger is hard to beat. So; if you want to Fire up the grill for Father’s day, and are having trouble figuring out what to grill, give this Barbeque Pork Burger Recipe a try. Enjoy
|Barbeque Pork Burger Recipe|
- 3 slices smoky bacon
- 1/2 finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce (plus 1/2 cup set aside)
- 1- 1 1/2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces Mozzarella cheese (sliced)
- 2 Tomatoes (Sliced)
- Head lettuce
- 4 soft onion rolls, split
- In small skillet, cook bacon until crisp transfer to paper towel to drain.
- Remove all but about 2 teaspoons fat from skillet; add onion and cook, stirring, until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes. Spread on small plate to cool.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Chop or crumble bacon into small pieces and put in medium bowl; add pork, 3 tablespoons of barbecue sauce, Tabasco sauce, salt and onions; mix gently to combine. Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- Brush grill with wad of paper towel dipped in oil to prevent sticking.
- Brush burgers with additional barbecue sauce, grill burgers until cooked through to center, 5 to 8 minutes per side until internal temperature is 160-165 degrees F.
- Top with cheese and cover with grill lid or foil until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
- Serve on onion rolls with sliced tomatoes and lettuce.