If you want a break from the red meat, and like chili, give this Creamy White Chili Recipe a try. This is a simple recipe that doesn’t take long to prepare. I used mild chopped green chilies in this recipe to keep the heat down a little bit, but you can use the hotter version to turn up the heat a little bit if you like a lot of heat.
Adapted from Taste of Home CookbookPrint
Creamy White Chili Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into ½ inch cubes)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans great northern beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can chicken broth (14.5 ounces)
- 2 cans chopped green chilies (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 11 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat using the oil, cook the onion, chicken – seasoned with the garlic powder until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Add the broth, beans, and green chilies into the chicken mixture and then add the seasonings. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer on a high simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- remove from heat, stir in the sour cream, and the heavy cream – serve hot.