Here in upper Michigan fresh strawberries are starting to come on the market. I decided for something a little different to try this Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe; you don’t see many cupcake recipes that call for fresh strawberries. This is a very simple recipe with great taste and I am sure if you have any kids these won’t last very long; they’ll love them. So if you have a few extra strawberries and are in the mood for a delicious sweet treat, give this Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe a try.
|Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe|
- 10 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease 12 cupcake pan cups or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, add the milk, and then stir in the strawberry extract.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; sift and stir into the batter until blended. Fold in strawberries last.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared cups, dividing evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when lightly pressed or tooth pick comes out clean- 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool over a wire rack; arrange the cupcakes on a serving platter, frost with desired frosting.