This Fudge Brownie recipe is the perfect size for two people. The brownies are rich and moist, don’t require a lot of prep time, and only require 20 minutes in the oven. If there are any left over they will store in the fridge for up to 3 days. If you cooking for two give these Fudge Brownies a try; they’re delicious!!
Adapted from Cooking for 2 CookbookPrint
Fudge Brownies for Two
- 3 ½ ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (cut into 4 pieces)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Line an 8 ½ x 4 ½ loaf pan with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray; preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the chocolate chips, cocoa, and butter in a small bowl. Microwave mixture for 30 – 60 seconds until butter and chocolate is melted. Stir with a spoon until well combined and smooth; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the sugar, egg, and egg yolk, salt, and vanilla. Using a spoon mix in the flour until just combined.
- Pour and spread batter evenly into the loaf pan and bake for 24 – 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack, remove, and cut into desired size bars; enjoy