Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and gravy are a favorite my house. When I saw this version with the mushrooms added into the ingredients I had to give it a try.
This recipe Is probably a little much for two people, but leftover meatloaf is always good.
This is a simple recipe that doesn’t require a lot of ingredients and is fairly quick to put together.
Give this Glazed Meatloaf with Mushrooms for Two recipes a try; it’s really good.
Glazed Meatloaf with Mushrooms for Two
- Ingredients for glaze
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- [b]Ingredients for meatloaf[/b]
- 10 saltine crackers
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¾ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound 90 percent lean ground beef
- In a small bowl mix all the glaze ingredient together; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack in the middle position.
- Process crackers in a food processor until finely ground and place them in the bottom of a large bowl; stir in milk and set aside.
- Place the onion and mushrooms in the now empty food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add the garlic and thyme to the onion and mushroom mixture. Using the oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat cook the mixture until moisture is evaporated and mixture starts to brown; set aside to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk the egg, mustard, mushroom mixture, salt, and pepper into the cracker mixture and then work in the meat using your hands. Form into 2 equally sized meatloaves and place them in the now empty skillet; bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove meatloaf from the oven, spread the glaze over the tops, and continue baking until meatloaves are done. (160F)
- Let rest for 5 minutes and serve hot.
Adapted from Cooks Country