I can’t think of a better way to stat out National Burger Month than with these Grilled California Burgers. This is a simple and quick recipe that incorporates pickled jalapenos into the burger. I decided to grill these but they can also be done on the stovetop – but the grilled flavor turns into something special. The next time you decide to fire up the grill give these Grilled California Burgers a try; they are really good. Enjoy
Grilled California Burgers Recipe
- 1 ½ pound ground chuck
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno slices
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice from the jar of jalapenos
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 ripe avocado (peeled and sliced thin)
- ½ small red onion (sliced thin)
- 4 large burger buns
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- Prepare and heat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl using your hands’ mix together the burger, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and pickled jalapenos. Form into 4 patties making a shallow indention in the center of each; set aside.
- In a medium-size bow gently mix together the pickle juice, onion, and avocado; set aside.
- Grill the burgers until nicely browned on one side and lightly charred. Flip the burgers and continue cooking to desired doneness. Just before the burgers are done top with the cheese slices, close the lid, and cook until cheese is melted. (While burgers are grilling toast the buns on the grill cut side down and set aside)
- Serve burgers topped with a slice of tomato and the avocado mixture.
Inspired by Cooks Country