It has been a crazy day – which made it go by really quick. I needed a recipe that is simple and quick to put together. This Oven Roasted Teriyaki Chicken Recipe looked pretty good and didn’t require a lot of ingredients. The recipe called for using Splenda, or sugar, as one of the ingredients so I opted to use the Splenda to cut down on our sugar intake a little bit. I have never found it to be quite as good as sugar, but it does make a close second in my opinion. Anyway, the result was really good, and I had a chicken dinner on the supper table in about an hour.
Oven Roasted Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar or granulated sweetener like SPLENDA®
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 – 12 skinless chicken thighs (depending on how many you are feeding)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a small glass mix together the cornstarch and water until cornstarch is dissolved. In a small saucepan over medium heat mix together the sweetener, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, black pepper, and ginger. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook until thickened.
- Arrange chicken in a lightly greased 13 x 9 casserole dish. Brush the chicken on both sides with the sauce. Bake for 30 minutes; brushing every 10 minutes. Flip the chicken and continue brushing and cooking until chicken is done. (185F.)
Adapted from Allrecipes.com