28 below zero on Tuesday night, 26 below zero on Wednesday night with a high of -1 during the day – what the Hell!!! I am really tired of it like many other people are across the county; so I decided to heat things up a little bit and fired up the grill. Yes it was a cold adventure, but it did a lot to get rid of the wintertime blues; give it a try.
This Grilled Pepper Jack Chicken Burgers recipe is simple and quick to put together and the soft pretzel buns are a nice added touch.
Grilled Pepper Jack Chicken Burgers
- 8 slices bacon (cooked until crispy and drain on paper toweling)
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 soft pretzel buns (split)
- 4 leaves of lettuce
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Preheat and prepare the grill for medium-high heat.
- Pound chicken breasts down to about 1 inch.
- Rub the poultry seasoning into the chicken on both sides.
- Grill chicken breasts on one side until nicely browned and slightly charred. Flip chicken breasts and continue grilling to an internal temperature of 165F, or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Place 2 bacon strips topped with a slice of cheese on each chicken breast, close the grill, and continue grilling until cheese is melted.
- Split the pretzel buns and place each piece of chicken on a bun, top with lettuce, tomato, onion and serve with your favorite condiments.