This recipe incorporates honey roasted peanuts into the coating mix, rich and smooth coconut milk, and Panko breadcrumbs creating a rich and crunchy coating that is delicious.
I used boneless skinless chicken thighs for this recipe but I think chicken cutlets would also work out very well if you prefer white meat.
If you like honey roasted peanuts, don’t pass this one up, it’s fantastic.
Honey Roasted Peanut Chicken Thighs Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs (or chicken cutlets)
- 3/ 4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- Place the chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound them down using a mallet to about 1/4 inch.
- Pour the honey roasted peanuts into a plastic bag and crush them into small pieces. (A rolling pin works great for this)
- In a medium size, bowl whisks together the egg, coconut milk, salt, and pepper.
- In a shallow dish mix together the crushed peanuts and Panko bread crumbs. (Pie dish works best for this)
- Dredge the pieces of chicken in the coconut mixture, and then roll them in the bread crumb mixture, pressing them lightly to help coat them.
- Cook the chicken in the oil over medium-high heat until golden brown and juices run clear. (Cook in batches do not overcrowd)
- Drain on paper towels and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.