Good cold salads are great; you can use them with you favorite grilling recipe, potlucks, graduation parties and sometimes work out great as a main dish. This Imitation Crab Pasta Salad Recipe is a very simple recipe and because it calls for Imitation Crab it is very inexpensive. I have made these for years and one of the great thinks about them is you can add anything you think you would like to the recipe. Depending on the mood I am in I may use tuna, crab or salad shrimp in place of the imitation crab and add some fresh frozen peas or shredded carrots. If you’re grilling out this Memorial Day weekend give this Imitation Crab Salad Recipe a try, its goes great with almost anything you cook on the grill. Enjoy
|Imitation Crab Salad Recipe||
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 2 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 small sweet onion (finely diced)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 stalks celery (thinly sliced)
- 1 pound imitation crab meat (flaked or minced)
- 1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing (or to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil macaroni according to directions on package. Strain and rinse with cold water.
- Stir in the onion, celery, tomato, crab meat, mayo, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold in the shredded cheddar-serve cold (I like to make this a little ahead of time so it has a chance to cool in the fridge)