This Grilled Onion Burgers recipe is a very simple recipe that yields half dozen great tasting burgers. If you are grilling for a larger crowd just double or triple the recipe. Onion soup mix seems to blend in good with many different recipes and these grilled burgers are no exception. I prepared this recipe as is, but I’m sure if you switched the condiments to taste, this recipe would still turn out well. With Memorial Day and the 4th of July coming up this is a grilling recipe your family and guests are sure to enjoy, Give this Grilled Onion Burgers Recipe a try; it is well worth the effort.
|Grilled Onion Burgers Recipe||
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup Picante Sauce
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix (about 1 ounce)
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 Tomatoes (sliced)
- 2 Avocados (sliced)
- 6 Slices Mozzarella cheese
- 6 Hamburger Buns
- Mix thoroughly the beef, picante sauce and soup mix. Shape firmly into 6 burgers, 1/2-inch thick each.
- Lightly oil the grill rack, and heat the grill to medium.
- Grill the burgers until desired doneness, turning the burgers over halfway through grilling. While the burgers are cooking toast the buns on the grill. Cover the burgers with cheese slices and cover the grill for a few minutes till cheese is melted.
- Serve on rolls with lettuce, tomato, avocado and additional picante sauce.