When I saw this Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken Recipe I had to give it a try. I have made stuffed chicken a number of times and this has to be one of the best; I thought it was really good, but my wife thought it was delicious. It is a little time consuming and does require some work, but it is well worth the effort. The Panko bread crumbs is a nice added touch and the end result is moist, tender chicken breasts with a rich and creamy cream cheese filling. Give this Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken Recipe a try; you’ll love it. Enjoy
|Jalapeno Popper Chicken Recipe||
- 1 pkg. cream cheese (8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapeno peppers (seeded and minced)
- 4 bacon strips (cooked crisp and crumbled)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 3-4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a bowl combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon, and jalapeno peppers and mix thoroughly.
- Cut a pocket horizontally though the thickest side of the chicken breast-being careful not to cut all the way though. Fill with 1/ 4 of the cream cheese mixture, close the opening with tooth picks.
- On a plate (I like to use a pie plate for this.) combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
- Beat the egg and water together in a shallow bowl.
- Dip the stuffed chicken breasts into the egg mixture, then roll in the Panko bread crumbs coating thoroughly.
- Using the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken breasts on both sides, and place on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick or covered with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until juices run clear. (Internal temp. 160F)