I am always open for a one dish meal; they usually have less prep time and dirty a lot less dishes. This Indian Style Curry Chicken Recipe caught my eye mainly because I don’t use Curry very often. This is a simple recipe with not much prep time; however be sure to allow enough time for the frozen vegetables to thaw. The green chilies do add some heat, but I don’t think it’s overly hot. If you want to try something a little different give this Indian Style Curry Chicken Recipe a try. Serves 6. Enjoy
|Indian Style Curry Chicken Casserole Recipe||
- 4 cups frozen potatoes O’Brien with onions and peppers (thawed)
- 1 bag (12 oz) frozen sweet peas (thawed)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with green chilies (undrained)
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- Vegetable oil for browning
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir together potatoes, peas, tomatoes, 2 teaspoons of the curry powder and the salt. Spread evenly in baking dish.
- In large reseal able food-storage plastic bag, mix remaining 2 teaspoons curry powder, the flour, paprika and garlic salt; shake to mix. Add drumsticks; seal bag, and shake to coat.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook drumsticks in oil 8 to 10 minutes, turning frequently, until skin is brown.
- Place drumsticks in 2 rows lengthwise over potato mixture, alternating direction of drumsticks to cover potato mixture. Cover tightly with foil.