My wife has wanted me to make corn meal muffins for some time now. I had some extra time so I decided to make up a batch. This is a simple recipe with very little prep time or cooking time; in 20 minutes you can have hot corn meal muffins on the table. I’m sure you could fancy it up a little bit with raisins or nuts, but I decided to prepare this recipe as is and it was very good. Enjoy
|Simple Corn Meal Muffin Recipe||
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup corn meal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add the egg, milk, vegetable oil and mix thoroughly.
- in a medium size 12 cup muffin pan; coat with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- Divide the muffin batter between the 12 cups and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- To test for doneness use a wooden tooth pick; when the tooth pick comes out clean, they are done.